Friday, May 8, 2009

A Surprise Trip to San Francisco!! April 2009

Well, it wasn't really a surprise. I knew we were going somewhere for my 40th birthday, I just didn't know where. I found out at the airport when we asked a cranky United Airlines worker what line we were supposed to be in. She looked at the tickets and said, "Going to San Francisco?" When I heard her, my eyes went wide and I said to Randy, "Oh! We're going to San Francisco???!!" The woman just looked at me like she was wondering what was wrong with me. So I said, "Well.... uh.... I didn't know.... it was.... uh.... a surprise." She still didn't smile!!
Anyway, I was elated! San Francisco is one of my favorite places to go. We didn't rent a car, we just walked all over everywhere! We only took one trolley down to the Wharf.
We biked the bridge, hung out in Sausalito, rode the ferry back, ate lunch outside at one of the charming restaurants, went to Starbucks early in the morning, spent time at the Wharf and just had an awesome time together! "Lucky I'm in love with my best friend!" haha.






Even though I was caught off guard, this is still an awesome picture with the SF skyline in the background. This is on a bike trail heading to the bridge. (Check out Randy's picture with Alcatraz in the background.)



This picture is a view from the bridge. It is an amazing feeling being on a bike on that huge bridge!!!


We put our bikes on a ferry in Sausalito and ride the ferry back to SF. This is on the way back.

1 comment:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Oooooo!!! Very fun!! Isn't SF great?!? We lived in the Bay Area when Kevin was going to grad school, so we've done several of the things you did. SO FUN!! I'm glad you guys had such a great time! :) Happy BD!